Re: 3D printer

Hi

>>> I would like to start a topic on 3d printers. Does anyone here have
>>> experience in using such printers with debian/linux?
>>
>> here i am :)
> Very nice tip. Thanks!
>
> I'm looking forward to build one. From the link you gave, I see there
> is some models to build:
>
> http://reprap.org/wiki/Build_A_RepRap
> Very good options! What is the model you have? Did you find it
> difficult to assembly or find the required pieces?

i have a full working Prusa i2:
http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa_Mendel_(iteration_2)
that is an improvement of the Mendel.

I'm also building a Prusa Air v2:
http://reprap.org/wiki/Air_2
that is quite similar to the i2, and a Prusa i3:
http://reprap.org/wiki/I3

This last one is the simpler to build and to calibrate.
All the boms are available on the reprap site.
Anyway, all the pieces are easly available on a diy shop or on ebay :)

There are also a lot of new online stores that sell specifically 3d
printer parts (electronics, extruders, bearings, pulleys, rods and so
on).

Regards