Re: freeradius on debian 7

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 05:10:16PM -0500, cosme@esid.gecgr.co.cu wrote:
> Failed binding to authenticated address * port 1812: Address alredy in use
> / etc / freeradius / radiusd.conf [240]: Error binding to port 0.0.0.0
> port 1812

Are you sure you don't have another instance of freeradius alredy
running? Beyond that, we'd probably need to see the output of
freeradius in debug mode to tell you more. It probably wouldn't hurt
either to know what radiusd.conf line 240 says, seeing the whole
radiusd.conf would be even better.

> ah I read that freeradius is quite sensitive and when you put something
> wrong what
> slightest not let you restart freeradius

That's why the freeradius docs say to make one change, restart, and
only then make more changes, restarting every time. Tedious, I know,
but if something brakes on your next restart, you'll know exactly
what, or at least you should have an idea.

> I tried to run it in debug mode but cuendo paracer install
> freeradius from. deb simmplemente not let you or I could say no
> managed to make it work or get radiusd-X and nothing

I usually do it with:

radiusd -X >radius.log 2>&1

go until I get whatever error I'm getting, stop, and go through
radius.log to see what freeradius didn't like.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net
gpg public key: http://www.gregn..net/pubkey.asc