jessie: enigmail breaks (?) icedove

Dear fellows,

I have recently noticed that it is no longer possible to install enigmail from Debian (Jessie) repositories without uninstalling icedove.
Aptitude reports:

   "enigmail breaks icedove"

This is puzzling because enigmail without icedove is not useful.

My workaround is to install enigmail through that *.xpi provided by mozilla, but that is exactly what I do not normally want to do
(use some random semi-package-managers people tend to invent)

My question is, what happened with the enigmail package?
Does it behave as expected (and is it somehow useful without icedove) or is it broken and a bugreport has to be filed?

Thanks in advance for any good advice.