Re: wheezy first install

Le 31.10.2013 17:11, messmate a écrit :
On 31/10/2013 16:58, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

Le 31.10.2013 16:51, messmate a écrit :
I installed also in about 15 min a multiscreen nvidia. (no answers
drom the list for that)
If this can help someone.
all the best

I replied to you, but you did not gave any feedback. The solution I described is the one I use with my systems, on which I do not use any DE, so it also works with DEs, but may or may not be the best one.

Anyway, you had an answer, you simply never replied to explain why you do not want to follow the solution I gave, with xrandr.

Sorry, i didn't try with xrandr. And maybe deleted your message by
inadvertently....
I installed simply the available debian packages and followed the
recommendations on the install.
Thanks for the reply.

Now that this point is clear, I would like to explain you why you did not had a lot of replies on it: 1) the subject of the message was not clear about multi-screen issue. Honestly, it was not even clear that you had an issue.
2) the secondary question was not in the first mail

And, finally, keep in mind that people replying here are not necessarily using the same DE as you ( in fact, I have not seen a lot of people here claiming to use KDE. I probably have seen more people talking about XFCE than KDE... ). So they might know the reply, or not. In my situation, since I use no DE at all, I know some command-line tools, which are bind to no DE, that's why I was able to reply. If I was a pure gnome or xfce user, I could not have given any suggestion, considering that it would be a waste of resources to load gtk libraries only for an application as simple as that.
So, no need to add the comment "(no answers drom the list for that)".

I'm not really upset, but I explain those facts to help you asking your questions in a better way, and to have more replies next time.

Have a good day.