Re: wheezy first install

Le 29.10.2013 21:20, messmate a écrit :
On 29/10/2013 17:34, John Hasler wrote:
messmate writes:
On the first run of the installation, no more internet connection !! I config it manually as always (eth0); ip gateway nameservers and so
on.
Whatever metapackage you used to install KDE probably pulled in some
sort of GUI network manager such as NetworkManager. These don't always
get along well with manual network configuration.
Thanks, i'll do it by hand in /etc.

You'll need to disable/remove the tool which manages network, before. Then it's quite easy to edit /etc/network/interfaces.

How can i configure my nvidia card for multiple screens ?

This one is a different question.
There is a nvidia tool dedicated for that, but I think it's in the non-free repos. You can also do it manually, by using the tool xrandr (command-line) at each startup (it is the solution I prefer).

I do it the manual way, by adding in my ~/.xinitrc the line:
xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --mode 1440x900
xrandr --output VGA-1 --pos 1440x0 --mode 1024x768

But I do not use any tool to start my xorg server. In fact, I simply have some lines in my ~/.bash_profile to start my X server when I login on TTY1. So, you may have to adapt those lines and files according to your needs. Or use the NVidia tools which will edit your /etc/X11/ files.