gnome flashback without nautilus managing desktop

SID now sports Gnome 3.8, in which Gnome Fallback got replaced with Gnome
Flashback.
What I liked about the Fallback was the in my hands better usability
compared to Gnome Shell, e.g. most things were available within one mouse
click. Also, it didn't use the various gimmicks and graphics effects that
slow down the UI.

Flashback looks a promising successor. My one complaint with it is that I
can't seem to do away with nautilus managing my desktop. Anybody succeeded
at this? Nautilus gets started (and is set to automatically restart) in
/usr/share/applications/nautilus-classic.desktop
and whatever option I choose in Tweak-Tool, the desktop remains
managed by nautilus. If I remove the above .desktop file, nautilus doesn't
start anymore (hurray) but the desktop area then is not re-freshed either
(should show the selected background picture now, but doesn't) >:|

Anybody got this sorted?

--
Klaus