Re: sluggish iceweasel

On Wednesday 23 October 2013 14:07:21 Stephen Powell wrote:
> I have been using the iceweasel web browser for years; but in the
> past several weeks using an up-to-date jessie system, iceweasel has
> become very sluggish. Even the simplest operations, like scrolling
> the screen, have become so sluggish that iceweasel has become
> almost unusable.  I just tried switching to Epiphany, not known for
> lightning speed, but Epiphany is quite snappy compared to iceweasel
> now.  Is it just me?  Or has someone else noticed this too?  Is
> there relief in sight?

Not continuously, but repeatedly.  Closing it and restarting it
usually helps.  For a while.

I too have deserted to other browsers, but not for long.  Iceweasel is
the only browser which I know how to view with no style, and I need
no style to be able to read many modern sites.  So I just groan and
restart it.

Lisi