Thinkpad E320 trackpoint doesn't work every time

Hi

I have recently got my hands on a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E320 - and it
works very nicely - with one small exception:

I have got the habit to use the touchpad but not the "mousebuttons"
underneath the lower part of the touchpad, but instead I use the extra
buttons just above the touchpad that are intended for usage with the
trackpoint. - (I have a bit of a hard time pressing the buttons
underneath the touchpad without moving the mouse by mistake).

However, every now and then the trackpoint and its buttons are not
active after a boot - the touchpad still works, and the buttons
underneath the touchpad, but not the trackpoint and its buttons.

Does anybody know a way to reactivate them without having to reboot, or
to make them work every time, or know what is causing my problem?

Any solution to my problem would be very welcome.

thanks in advance
-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
gusnan@gusnan.se