Re: Installing Debian 7

Barry White:

>           I installed debian 7 successfully right to the end when it
> came up with a message that it flashes on the screen, something
> about gnome and video. It is not there long enough to read.
> I suspect that gnome does not like my video hardware, possibly
> because it an older m/c.

Gnome does not require any special video drivers except that it needs
to have 3d acceleration.

In order to help you we need to know what kind of hardware you have. Run
'apt-get install pciutils' und send us the output of the command
'lcpsi'. In the meantime, you can install another desktop like xfce4
which does not need hardware 3D acceleration.

> I did the bug report but no response.

Asking here is the best way to go. Package maintainers cannot provide
this kind of support for end users.

J.
--
No-one appears to be able to help me.