Re: Gnome login screen not shown

Those pakages have already been installed. But still not able to login.
Do i have to check for any changes in configuration files??

On Oct 20, 2013 7:53 PM, "Osamu Aoki" <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 09:40:32AM +0530, bhuvanesh kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently upgraded my system from Debian testing to Unstable. After,
> upgrading i'm not able to login to my system. Instead of a login
> screen an error page showing the text, "Oh no! Something has gone
> wrong A problem has occured and system can't recover Please log out
> and try again" is displayed with a logout button below.
>
> Although i could login to a virtual console and launch Gnome desktop by
> issuing startx command.
>
> Need help on fixing this problem.

In VT, try:

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install task-gnome-desktop task-desktop
$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
$ sudo shottdown -r now

There were some problems in unstable as the transition problem.  But it
is fine now as I see here.

Osamu