Re: emacs and goldendict

Le 19/10/2013 18:33, Slavko a écrit :
> Ahoj,
>
> Dňa Sat, 19 Oct 2013 13:34:07 +0200 François Patte
> <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> napísal:
>
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> I have Emacs and Goldendict installed. Since the last upgrade (2 days
>> ago), everytime I press C-c-c in emacs, goldendict open a window!
>>
>> How to disable this horrific behaviour?
>
> It is not horrific behavior, it is default GoldenDict keyboard
> shortcut. Go to GoldenDict or to Emacs settings and change/disable this
> shortcut.

Thanks... But it is "horrific" for at least 2 reasons:

1- C-c-c is the Emacs command for compiling and Emacs is far older than
goldendict in the history of free soft.

2- debian packagers added some "debian-emacs-flavor" (as they call
themselves in /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el) and they
enabled it by default (ie. Emacs load this file at startup...)

I suppose that they wanted to help.... but I don't want to be helped
against my wills and in the present case I wasted my time searching why
I couldn't compile my files as usual!

As we say in French: "l'enfer est pavé de bonnes intentions!" I don't
understand why people dealing with computers (packagers as
developpers...) think that everybody using a computer is always occupied
to make/change some configuration....

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique