Re: Logout, shut down autostarted app in openbox?

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 20:04:17 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 09:09 -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > My trouble involves having this shut down if I log out, then back in
> > at a later time.
>
> Than a script for shutdown wouldn't work. I misunderstood at least
> this part of your request. I thought you were writing about a
> shutdown and that after startup the old session would be restored. If
> it would be like that, than the easiest way would be not to start it
> in addition :D. Sorry.
>
> However, is ps aux and killall what you're looking for? I didn't test
> it and I never learned to write scripts, I only piece together script.

Thanks, Ralf.  I have played a bit more with the scripting end, but
found that a slew of things were not shut down.  Some playing around
has proven to me that the issue is the login manager (gdm3).  It
doesn't even shut down the autostart script.

When I start from a terminal (startx) using openbox-session, none of
these issues occur.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,