Re: Question for you network/DNS/Apache gurus;

> Ran a few diagnostics (some of which have been reported by others already):
>
> 1. You definitely have to get your DNS records cleaned up.
>

> www.physicswiki.net
> resolves to 184.168.221.5
> canonical name: physicswiki.net
> NOT to 192.65.240.181
>
> 184.168.221.5 reverse resolves to
> ip-184-168-221-5.ip.secureserver.net
> 192.65.240.181 has no reverse record listed

as a couple of you indicated this is not correct & was caused by an old
dns setup that was left in place by GoDaddy.

> 2. Fixing the DNS MIGHT be enough
> www.physicswiki.net goes to page showing:
> Please complete the installation and download LocalSettings.php.
> link shows as http://192.65.240.181/mw-config/index.php
>
> http://192.65.240.181/ - goes to same page
> http://192.65.240.181/mw-config/index.php goes to mediawiki
> configuration page
> - strangely, clicking through the link from the main page seems to
> alternately give a blank page and the configuration page - might be a
> caching thing
>
> So... it's probably NOT a NameVirtualHost issue - as the static IP
> address seems to work
>
> I do find the line about "LocalSettings.php not found" suspicious -
> though that might not be created until you work through the
> configuration steps.

your assumption is correct. If indeed the site was working correctly
themediawiki server that is running would open a configuration script
that would generate that file. Once installed the site should function
correctly.