Re: CF-Firewire adapter

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 06:07:42PM -0800, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> A photo of a CF-Firewire adapter here.
> http:/carnot.yi.org/UnityDigitalCF.Firewire.jpg
> I removed the cover in case anyone is interested.  The two largest chips
> are marked LSI SYM13FW501 and Winbond W27E010P-70.
>
> When the firewire plug is connected, dmesg gives the following.
> fdisk -l yields nothing about the device.
>
> Is anything short of work on the driver likely to make this adapter operate?

Why do you believe the problem is with the adapter and not with the
enclosure/drive? I assume the same enclosure/drive works fine on other
systems ideally connected through firewire? Have you been able to try
out other firewire devices with this adapter? If so, I assume they too
can't be used?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net