Re: dvd Jessie images

Catherine Gramze <rhiamom@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:33:39 +0300
> andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr wrote:
>
>> hi all.
>> I want download full set of dvd Jessie images. But on official site
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.2.0/i386/iso-dvd/ i can find
>> only 4 images. Where i can find all 10 official dvd images?
>> Thanks in advance
>>

> You just need to wait a bit. Jessie is in the process of changing from
> "testing" to "stable" and the full DVD sets are only made for the
> stable release, currently Wheezy.

The question was about Wheezy release. There's only 3 DVD disks for each
architecture (and 8 CD disks; maybe TS mentioned 3+8=11?).

> For those who have been around longer than I have, can you verify that
> Jessie is now frozen,

No. It will be frozen on the 5th of November 2014. [0]

> and that they are removing packages with critical bugs prior to
> releasing Jessie as stable??

Not at all. When testing freezes, RC buggy packages will be removed from
it only if maintainers won't present fixes for them in 2 weeks. Also,
non-buggy packages depending on buggy ones will be removed too. [1]

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/10/msg00004.html
[1] http://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html