Re: dvd Jessie images

On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 11:44 -0500, Catherine Gramze wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:33:39 +0300
> andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr wrote:
>
> > hi all.
> > I want download full set of dvd Jessie images. But on official site
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.2.0/i386/iso-dvd/ i can find
> > only 4 images. Where i can find all 10 official dvd images?
> > Thanks in advance

I don't know where you got the number '10', but it seems like there are
7 or 8 images, depending on architecture (I looked at i386 and amd64)

I think I missed something, because I thought there were over 40 CDs for
the whole archive. Perhaps these are just the ones that got updates with
the 7.2.0 update?

> You just need to wait a bit. Jessie is in the process of changing from
> "testing" to "stable" and the full DVD sets are only made for the
> stable release, currently Wheezy.
>
> For those who have been around longer than I have, can you verify that
> Jessie is now frozen, and that they are removing packages with critical
> bugs prior to releasing Jessie as stable??

The freeze won't happen till the 5th of November, see [1] for details.
The actual release of Jessie won't be until somewhere in 2015.

Best regards,
Steven

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/10/msg00004.html