Re: Jessie Minimum Kernel Requirement

 Hi.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:46:40 +0200
Florian Lindner <mailinglists@xgm.de> wrote:

> What is the minimum kernel version for the upcoming Jessie? Can I rely
> on that this does no change after the freeze? (IIRC at Nov 5th)

Considering one should be always able to do apt-get dist-upgrade from
wheezy to jessie (and that means using wheezy's kernel with jessie's
userland, at least temporary), it should be safe to assume that minimum
kernel requirement for jessie's userland is 2.6.32.
Since wheezy's kernel version is fixed for its lifetime, it's highly
unlikely that such requirement will change in the future.

Of course, wheezy's 2.6.32 and, say, CentOS's 2.6.32 are different
kernels, and in the second case you can expect all kinds of strange
behaviour.

Reco