virtual packages missing ?

After removing some (I thought) un-needed libraries this morning, I
ran into a problem of missing virtual packages.
When ever I now try to do anything with aptitude, I get
this result:

The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  google-chrome-stable{b}
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.
google-chrome-stable : Depends: lib32gcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) which is a virtual package. Depends: lib32stdc++6 (>= 4.6) which is a virtual package. Depends: libc6-i386 (>= 2.11) which is a virtual package.

     Remove the following packages:
1)     google-chrome-stable

How can I fix this ? I wasn't aware I had removed anything essential
but I guess I inadvertently did.

Cheers