Re: Problems creating preseed.cfg - syntax?

Curt wrote:
On 2013-10-13, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

Unfortunately when I try bash responds "command not found".

apt-get install debconf-utils

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/debconf-utils/filelist

There is evidently an additional package required to use all the features of "debconf-get-selections".

After installing debconf-utils my command bombed with an error message from a perl script. http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/debconf-utils/filelist reminded me where to look for documentation. The documentation there led me to download the another package of documentation.

Something in my un-recorded chain of actions caused me to do a Synaptic search for the string "debconf-". I installed all items which seemed possibly relevant. Even those explicitly labeled as tools for a different DE (I have Xfce installed). My debconf-get-selections command then worked.

I'll chase down what was actually required and follow up with a bug report if required.