Re: deploy ?

Have you enabled the necessary WSGI modules in Apache and performed the necessary configuration? You have to remember that the Django python files need an application server to compile and process. Apache out of the box doesn't do that. mod_wshi is one option.

I guess you mean mod_wsgi cos I didn't find info on wshi. :)

Anyway I solved the problem : django pointed the url on localhost root. I
tried every combination of urls before except this one.

The others are using Nginx as a reverse proxy to the Gunicorn application server.

I had a look on those and I'd like to be sure of what I understood : I can
use 2 http servers, gunicorn for dynamic contents and nginx for static
contents. And all that, through a virtual environment (my workstation :
debian squeeze) served by pythonbrew. Yes ?

But I saw that some people use uwsgi too, on their website they say it
is for hosting purpose. So unless I need to run multiples domain names
on the same host, I do not need it, do I ?

Thank you

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce