Re: schroot

Le 07.10.2013 19:50, shawn wilson a écrit :
Not a bad idea. However:
find / -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -i{} -P 10 grep -H 'SETUP_DATA_DIR='
{} 2> /dev/null

found nothing.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM, <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
Le 07.10.2013 18:59, Shawn Wilson a écrit :

berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

Le 07.10.2013 18:38, shawn wilson a écrit :

This is at the top of every config file, but I can't find it
documented:

. "$SETUP_DATA_DIR/common-data"
. "$SETUP_DATA_DIR/common-functions"
. "$SETUP_DATA_DIR/common-config"

Where is this being sourced from (ie, where is the 'common-data'
file?) and (more important) where is this documented?

Doing "echo $SETUP_DATA_DIR" should help you, I think. And for
documentation, reading about shell will also help you.

 I'm guessing this means it's exported by some schroot internal
mechanism inside the schroot? I'm not sure what I don't know about
bash that would help here? This doesn't seem to be an export bash
knows about?

I have no idea about what are the files you are speaking about, but the $ prefix usually indicates a variable in shell, and shell scripts are widely used in the system. To find what file could export that variable, try a grep -r SETUP_DATA_DIR, it might help you find which file uses that variable.

Do not send me private mail for something like that, it could interest someone else on the list. Honestly, I can not help you more that that, I do not use chroot very often, and do not know what is schroot. If the variable is not defined, then maybe it have a default value. Maybe if you find other files containing simply the SETUP_DATA_DIR text (without '=' or '$') you could find more hints.

PS: do the giant line you posted above make the same thing as "grep -r 'SETUP_DATA_DIR=' 2>/dev/null" ? If yes, it seems quite complex for what it does...