Re: ddrescue and windowsxp

On 05-10-13 13:26, Doug wrote:
On 10/05/2013 04:05 AM, steef wrote:
hi folks,

my eldest daughter has an old laptop with windowsxp loaded on it. the
machine crashed yesterday.

my question: can i use debian and the ddrescue-procedure to save the
data of this laptop like i did about 7 years ago with a crashed
slackware_hd??

google confused me.

thank you,

steef

google for XP rescue and see what you get. There are a whole bunch
of rescue disks available. I have about 4, but have never had to use
one. I think they're all based on Linux, but i don't know how they work.

Good luck

--doug

hi doug (and other kind people),

i succeeded with knoppix 7.02. after this, just for fun, i followed the allmost - antique procedure - with ddrescue. both methods worked well.

thank you all for your help,

regards,

steef