Re: Building computer

On 10/4/2013 4:44 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 10/03/2013 05:11 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> No apology necessary.  I'm on many open lists (LKML) where hitting
>> reply-to-list only goes to the sender.  So I've been guilty myself a few
>> times.
>>
> so that is list specific... I wondered, because sometimes I hit reply &
> it goes to the person, other times it goes to the list.. Thunderbird..

This isn't an issue with TBird, or any MUA.  The clients simply
obey/honor the list headers.  For example:

The "List-Post:" header contains the list posting address.  When you hit
"reply-to-list" in TBird this is the address it selects for populating
the To: field in the reply.

If you reply to a message sent from a listserver that does not provide a
"List-Post:" header, then the address in the "Reply-To:" header is
inserted into the To: field of the reply.

Ergo, "reply-to-list" only works if a "List-Post" header is present.

--
Stan