Re: pcmanfm no window/gui, one user only

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:19:26AM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 02:14:34PM +0200, Tony Baldwin wrote:

> > > Have you tried deleting .config/pcmanfm instead of replacing it with
> > > another user's files?
> >
> > I moved ~/.config/pcmanfm (rather than delete), and this made no
> > difference.
> >
> Without running pcmanfm, run 'ps aux | grep pcmanfm' to see if there's a
> pcmanfm process already running.  If there is, kill it with either
> 'killall pcmanfm' or 'kill 1234' (where 1234 is the process id).  Then
> check to make sure it was killed with 'ps aux | grep pcmanfm'

This is one of the first things I did, of course, before coming to the
list.

When I try to run it, as I mentioned earlier, a process launches,
but no window appears.
I can find and kill such processes before trying to run it again,
but each time I try to run it, the same happens, no window, no gui,
but, indeed, a process.
Each time, I kill the process (kill -9 $pid), and try again.

> You can also try checking the system logs for clues.  Note the time you
> try to run pcmanfm and then search /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog
> to see what is reported at that time.  You probably need to be root to
> view those logs.

Sadly, I'm finding nothing in those logs mentioning pcmanfm
(sudo grep pcmanfm /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog).

I appreciate your efforts.

./taz
--
http://tazmandevil.info