Re: Hibernate/resume fails after adding SSD to debian 7

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 12:31:01AM -0400, Len Berman wrote:
> I moved my SSD from SATA 1 -> SATA 5 and reran update-initramfs.  The
> resume now works.  Don't understand why this should be the case since all
> disks are referenced by their UUIDs.

All tools might not support UUID on your system.  mount may be
isupported but resume scripts, at least, was not supporting UUID before.

Oh, one more thing.

I had problem with my SSD this week.  System root file system became
read-only and crashed badly .... I turned out to be the firmware version
issue of Crucial/Micron RealSSD m4/C400/P400 causing problem after 5184
hours of usage. So, you may also wish to check:

$ sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda

or similar.  My case prints:

    "This drive may hang after 5184 hours of power-on time:\n"
    "http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Crucial-m4-Firmware-BSOD,14544.html\n";
    "See the following web pages for firmware updates:\n"
    "http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx\n";
    "http://www.micron.com/products/solid-state-storage/client-ssd#software";,

I see many other drives has firmware bug issues.
    /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h

Firmware update was iso image so I could do it without having any
windows for my drive.

Osamu