Bash history not propagating.

I'm having a problem with bash history. Basically, I do a lot of stuff
in tmux windows, and then when I open up another terminal window, but
not in tmux, it does not have the same history as in the tmux windows.
How can I get it so that they both mirror each other please?

I find it very easy to check on this as each command line has its
number place in the history file, so its easy to use in various
windows.

Thanks
Sharon.
Debian stable, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice  4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 561944