Re: Re: Strange Package Behavior

Ralf,

Ran the following commands as suggested:

dpkg --configure -a
dpkg --configure --pending
apt-get -f install
apt-get update

Then tried an install:

root@honcho:~# apt-get install fglrx-legacy-driver
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 fglrx-legacy-driver : Depends: glx-alternative-fglrx (>= 0.3)
                       Recommends: fglrx-legacy-modules-dkms (=
8.97.100.7-3~bpo70+1) but it is not going to be installed or
                                   fglrx-kernel-8.97.100.7
                       Recommends: libgl1-fglrx-legacy-glx (=
8.97.100.7-3~bpo70+1) but it is not going to be installed
                       Recommends: libgl1-fglrx-legacy-glx-i386 but it
is not installable
                       Recommends: fglrx-legacy-atieventsd but it is not
going to be installed
root@honcho:~#

I am running multiarchitecture  - i386 on an amd_64 system to run some
32 bit programs, but I've never seen i386 packages required for a 64 bit
package to run.  I have read that 32 bit video drivers are required to
run 32 bit programs, but I never had to do this for squeeze - that I can
remember.

Thanks for your help,

Glen