Re: Don't want a desktop environment

Thanks! I went with this solution. All I have done is

Install Debian without Desktop selected
aptitude install i3   (which installs some other stuff needed by i3)
aptitude install xinit  (needed for running startx)
aptitude install xterm (needed for opening a terminal in i3)

Don't really think that a graphical login manager would make me any happier. :)
i3 looks just like a windows manager should look like, and I really like that they have documented it...
Of course I'll have to install iceweasel and stuff manually, but it's not like that's difficult to do.

Thanks for all your help, everybody!

/Fred