Re: package help

On 09/21, paulmars wrote:
> Im emailed a bug report. I got no response. I been trying to
> convince myself to try again, but I have doubts. I dont want to
> loose my XP install again. I need dual boot and i also need a
> recovery option if Debian fails again, like last time. Last time
> grub got messed up and I needed to reinstall xp. That is not fun.
>
> i really want to leave ms, but i have online business so i need it
> daily, until i find another option. Debian might be that option, but
> i need to test drive it.

Hello

Have you tried to make a primary parition for debian ?

Also Try to  make a 100mb or 2mb parition and set that as boot ?

Once that is done you should be able to tell debian live dvd or your live usb drive once your installing that debian when install to you root and boot will install to whatever parition you laid out for boot

..

Also if you have a external or just a big hdd you can always parition space for a recocery or just call it a backup parition at least something big enough to hold whatever you need try (GPARTED)

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ .. I hope that helps

Josef