Re: any way to get the mouse position on two places on the screen?

On 09/20/2013 06:29 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  I think I should have worded the question as:
>> ~
>>  "any way to get the mouse position on the screen" (so that then you
>> would then take a second one in order to calculate the rectangular
>> viewing area on a screen (showing a video))?
>> ~
>>  lbrtchx

/snip/

> If the latter, you might launch your copy of the gimp (or photoshop)
> and check the cloning function to see one example of where an app
> remembers one cursor location for use at another. (And other
> suggestions have already been made.)
>
> --
> Joel Rees

Also, just about any CAD program can find two points on the screen, one
at a time, to be sure, but it "knows" the coordinates of each point,
and can measure the distance between them or construct a line joining
them, and calculate the angle of the line. Or construct a rectangle
using the points as opposite corners. You may even be able to select
/three/ points and construct a circle that includes them.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley