Re: mutt in gnome-terminal goes gray!

Eric d'Halibut wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > This behavior is why this is happening with both mutt and mc.  Try
> > less.  Is it happening with less too?  I think it should be.
>
> Thank you for your encyclopedic response -- way above the call of duty!
>
> I will try to get your suggested experiments. I'm  sorry but I don't
> have the time or available powers of sheer concentration to do them
> justice right now. And I really *hate* to reply like that to someone
> who clearly took a lot of time to answer my plea for help! Thank you!

No worries.  It is like anything else that is time available driven.
You do what you can do and you don't do what you don't have time to
do.  That is the way things are.  Don't worry about my investment
either.  I knew that part of the behavior very well and it only took
me a few moments to type in the description.  It was a simple thing.
And if it doesn't help you then it still might help someone else so
the investment is often useful multiple times.  The rule is see one,
do one, teach one.  If you want to pay it back then help someone else
out in the future.  And I didn't know the exact problem you were
having so it might not even be helpful to you at all. :-)

Bob