Re: Monitor text colour on boot is magenta instead of white

On 2013-09-19, Craig L. <craig@gtek.biz> wrote:

> If your monitor connects via a VGA connection I'd be highly suspicious
> of the VGA connection. I've done it to myself many times. Look carefully
> for bent pins or the connector not screwed down all the way. I wouldn't
> think a BIOS setting got changed unless it was done intentionally.

Seems like a hardware problem to me.  Would there be a BIOS setting for
magenta text?

He did relocate the machine and reconnect everything, so maybe something
got jiggled out of place, not reconnected properly, or damaged in the
process.

I remember when my video card started going south; I saw all sorts of
colors. It was quite beautiful until it became impossible to live with.