Re: looking for a font pkg that contains...

On Monday 16 September 2013 04:51:49 Eric d'Halibut wrote:
> On 9/15/13, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Eric d'Halibut wrote at 2013-09-15 20:57 -0500:
> >> The following was suggested to me for use as a fairly big font for my
> >> failing eyes.
> >>
> >> -adobe-courier-bold-r-normal--33-240-100-100-m-200-iso10646-1
> >
> > Several Courier-style fonts are available.
> >
> > Try these packages:
>
> Thank you. I installed these three:
> > - fontmatrix (if you want a tool to compare fonts)
> > - fonts-liberation (Liberation Mono font)
> > - ttf-bitstream-vera (Bitstream Vera Sans Mono font)
>
> None of the new fonts show up in xfontsel, and I know of no other way
> to get the name of a font in the form of the example I gave at the
> outset, shown above.

Why does the fact that you have failing eyes necessitate having a font in the
form above?

I have failing eyes and I find Bitstream Vera Sans much the best, having tried
quite a few.  Courier I find awful.

I find Bitstream Vera Sans very clear and easy to read - better than the
obvious alternatives, Dejavu and Liberation - and it can become enormous if
that is what you want.

I have it set for everything, word processor, desktop, browser, email client
etc.

I use aptitude to install it, then just use it.  Why do you need the iso etc.?

HTH
Lisi