Re: dictd

On 09/09/2013 08:12 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
For me, it is part of my 'standard' desktop install.
Same here. Amen!
Two reasons - one, my learning process ...
Just passing by a word the definition of which I'm not certain can't be blamed on "the (hardcover) dictionary is in the other room." Knowing word definitions is a key element of reading comprehension and expanding one's vocabulary.
... two, I have gotten used to instantaneous dictionary lookups ...
Having experienced the online dict.org databases being unavailable three time, I no longer rely on their server(s). I installed the daemon/server locally, as well as the desired databases, and BLAM! Definition displayed.
it's hard to accept anything less these days :)
Anything less is NOT acceptable. Period. I'm spoiled.

Regards,

Jeff

--
hangout: ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net