Re: One-Stop Debian Box Config Tool: Call for Collaborators!

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:51:57 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> An example for my argumentation.
>
> On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 01:36 -0700, Jarrod O'Flaherty wrote:
> >    PATTERN) "I want to: VERB + OBJECT [ + to + VALUE ]"
> >    EXAMPLE) "I want to: change the default GTK font size to 18pt"
>                I want to: make the desktop icon fonts bigger
>
> For what WM, DE?
> You already need knowledge to know "GTK", you need knowledge about
> valid values.
>
>                I want to: get rid of xruns
>
> What do you want provide? A troubleshooting list for all use cases and
> all possible situations? How many TiB should the database become?

I agree. Furthermore, this would make bloat on our systems, making us illusion of power, while in fact making us lose control of our systems. This is exactly the way nasty entities cheat us in order to take control on us instead of we control ourselves. People that want to control themselves never made problems. Problems make people that want to control other people.

--
Marko Ranđelović, B.Sc.
Software Developer

Note: If you see a nonsense enclosed between lines

then this message is digitally signed using OpenPGP compliant software.
You need an appropriate plugin for your email client or other OpenPGP
compliant software in order to verify the signature. However, the concept
of computer insecurity implies digital signature is not absolute proof of
identity.