Re: One-Stop Debian Box Config Tool: Call for Collaborators!

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your very prompt and very candid feedback!

> wrong direction. It would be better to go the other way around and to
> get rid of similar GUIs and instead to write more good Wikis how to
> configure an install using a "normal" editor.

If I may be so bold, let me suggest that we are actually thinking along
quite similar lines!

> What do you want provide? A troubleshooting list for all use cases and
> all possible situations? How many TiB should the database become?

Ultimately, yes! The database would potentially become very large but
it would be hosted (a cloud service or the like) with the user only
downloading the solutions they need as they need them. In one sense,
a compendium of the most frequent queries on Stackoverflow,
LinuxQuestions, Ubuntuforums et al.

Perhaps you -- or another member of the Debian community -- can suggest
a medium outside of 'debian-user' where we can discuss in further
detail the pros and cons of my proposal. I am sure I can get some good
ideas for what form it should take from your objections to it!

A good weekend to Ralf and everyone else.

Yours Sincerely,
Jarrod O'Flaherty.