Re: vanilla kernel + firmware

Thanks a lot for your answer which actually helps a lot.

Yes it was just by entouthsiasm....
and some month ago I found a regression in the kernel with vgaswitcheroo no longer working for some people. I even did a bisect to found the guilty release. This regression is now in the debian/sid kernel which is (a bit) painful for me because I can not longer switch to my ati/amd gpu. The 3.11 kernel is now suppose to fixed this issue so I was eager to try it but now switching cause even more problematic kernel panic for me and I try to get why...
Best regards,
Laurent.