Re: Debian Testing/Jessie and OpenGL

On 10-09-13 18:39, steef wrote:
On 10-09-13 15:36, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                                    Life is a
fuzzy
set
Foundation for Chemistry                                   Stochastic and
multivariate
www.FoundationForChemistry.com
(614)312-7528 (c)
Skype:  smolnar1

-----Original Message-----
From: steef [mailto:debian.linux@home.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:52 AM
To: debian
Subject: Re: Debian Testing/Jessie and OpenGL

On 10-09-13 13:30, Stephen P, Molnar wrote:
I have installed jessie in an Oracle VBox on my laptop tp use as a
test bed for new applications software without jeopardizing my native
Linux production computer.

Unfortunately, some of the candidate software I wish to evaluate
appear to require OpenGL for correct operation.  Although I have been
usiing various distributions of Linux since shortly before the release
of  the RedHat Mother' Day distribution, I am not a computer person,
but rather a research chemist.

Here are some of the error messages that i get:

OpenGL Warning: glGetFenceivNV not found in mesa table OpenGL Warning:
glIsFenceNV not found in mesa table OpenGL Warning: glSetFenceNV not
found in mesa table OpenGL Warning: glTestFenceNV not found in mesa
table opengl extension not present, SSAO disable opengl extension
GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present

I question is:  which additional packages should I install?  I would
appreciate being pointed in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance.

hi

try libgl1-mesa-dev or something like that. if you install synaptic
you can
search for the mesa-packages with openglx-possibilities and install them.
maybe this is of ame help.

reg.,

steef

Thanks for the reply.

I added libgl1-mesa-dev, but that didn't solve the problem (not too
surprisingly - that would have been too simple).  I did, however
record the
run log, it's attached - perhaps  there are clues buried there.

i'll look at it tonight, local time. have now to feed my family.

reg.,

steef

hi stephen,

it seems to be a known issue. look at: