Re: Debian Testing/Jessie and OpenGL

On 10-09-13 13:30, Stephen P, Molnar wrote:
I have installed jessie in an Oracle VBox on my laptop tp use as a test
bed for new applications software without jeopardizing my native Linux
production computer.

Unfortunately, some of the candidate software I wish to evaluate appear
to require OpenGL for correct operation.  Although I have been usiing
various distributions of Linux since shortly before the release of  the
RedHat Mother' Day distribution, I am not a computer person, but rather
a research chemist.

Here are some of the error messages that i get:

OpenGL Warning: glGetFenceivNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glIsFenceNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glSetFenceNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glTestFenceNV not found in mesa table
opengl extension not present, SSAO disable
opengl extension GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present

I question is:  which additional packages should I install?  I would
appreciate being pointed in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance.

hi

try libgl1-mesa-dev or something like that. if you install synaptic you can search for the mesa-packages with openglx-possibilities and install them. maybe this is of ame help.

reg.,

steef