Re: Installing and booting Debian from large hard drives in a RAID without GPT

Hi Darac,

> If you're getting an error saying root couldn't be mounted then I'm
> assuming that:
> - BIOS has found GRUB
> - GRUB has found the kernel
> - the kernel has booted BUT
> - the kernel couldn't find the rootfs, so therefore couldn't start init
>
> If that's the case, try adding "rootdelay=30" to your kernel command
> line (the best way is to append it to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in
> /etc/default/grub and re-run update-grub", but you can temporarily add
> it at grub's command line editor).

Spot on, works fine for me now!
Entered just that on the GRUB command line to see if that would make a difference, and there it is :-)
Maybe it would be a great idea if the Debian installer did this automatically when RAID and / or LVM boot partitions are being configured during installation?
Many thanks!
Robin