Re: mcedit behavior under X

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

The mcedit man-page has the following:

"In addition to that, Shift combined with arrows does text highlighting (if supported by the terminal): Ctrl-Ins copies to the file ~/.mc/cedit/cooledit.clip, Shift-Ins pastes from ~/.mc/cedit/cooledit.clip, Shift-Del cuts to ~/.mc/cedit/cooledit.clip, and Ctrl-Del deletes highlighted text. Mouse highlighting also works on some terminals."

That is true for me on a VT console, i.e. non-X. But under X Ctrl-Ins copies to the file ~/.mc/cedit/cooledit.clip but Shift-Ins *does not* paste from ~/.mc/cedit/cooledit.clip, but from the cliboard.

Can anyone verify that behavior? How would I make mcedit behave as it ought to?

I have asked that question before:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=ia#!topic/linux.debian.user/48-BTjdzAy4

but apparently paid no attention because Camaleon had the answer in a mc ticket:
https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/2358

so when I change the shortcuts of konsole and delete ctrl+ins and shift+ins then it works.

But something weird: for shift+ins (paste from cooledit.clip) and shift+del (cuts to cooledit.clip) I have to turn on numlock!
This is on a US keyboard.

Hugo