Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Intel processor microcode security update

Carlo grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> Hi Verde Denim, I like to think with free software, I saw that it is a
> non-free, can we trust of it ? Or this isn't againt debian free software
> guidelines? Why Intel doesn't give a free microcode???

Please don't top post in a E-Mail reply, *especially* on a mailing list.

https://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#What_is_top-posting_.28and_why_shouldn.27t_I_do_it.29.3F

And no, they're not charging for it - they want this to get out and be
used because of the scale of how many CPUs are affected.  It's
"non-free" in the sense that they hold patents, etc., on the code that
restrict how you can use it and so on.

              --Dave