Re: Cannot view all my android folders in nautilus after mounting android as MTP

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 09:40:46PM +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am using an android phone running 4.0.4 ICS and when I connect my
> phone with USB( and select MTP as transfer protocol), it gets mounted on
> linux, but I am able to view very few folders. There are many folders in
> the phone.
>
> Well the phone does not has a memory card, it just has a 2 gb internal
> sd card.

Can't you just treat it as a normal USB stick?
e.g.
Plug it in
select connect to PC on phone.
then
# mount /dev/sdb /mnt
(get some error msgs)
then
# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt

I do it this way and I can transfer files back and forth just like on a
USB stick. Of course, make sure you use the correct device sdb, sdc or

If any folders start with a . (dot) then maybe nautilus treats them as
hidden?

BTW, I don't use a DE. So I can help with that side of it.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X