Identifying CPU

I'll be installing Debian 7.1 on two unrelated sets of machines. I have no record of the cpu in any of the machines. Is there a utility to identify the processors, particularly bus width. All machines originally ran various 32 bit MS Windows incarnations.

Three personal machines:
1. A Lenovo desktop currently running WinXP Pro SP3
2. An IBM/Lenovo T43 Thinkpad laptop running WinXP Pro SP3
3. A Lenovo R61 Thinkpad laptop currently running various configurations of Squeeze. There were stickers on it when I purchased it saying "Intel Core2 Duo" and "Windows Vista Basic". Windows was completely removed when I installed Squeeze.

A collection of donated machines at church being used for a outreach program for the neighborhood K-6 children. OS include Win98 and later.

For the time being all Debian installs will be 32 bit. In a year or so, capable machines will be migrated to 64 bit. There are non-technical constraints precluding immediate migration to 64 bit.

Suggestions/comments?
TIA