Re: Typing in bar characters (accented characters?)

On Wednesday 21 August 2013 22:37:25 Bob Proulx wrote:
> All worked perfectly as described.  Accented characters are easily
> input.  But then the follow-up came back that they wanted to input the
> bar characters āēīōū.  And I don't see how to input bar characters
> with the above.
>
> Because now I know that specifically they want to input the barred
> characters āēīōū what would be possible methods to type those in that
> I should recommend to them?

I cannot even display these characters in oyur email!  I get empty boxes.
This thread would appear to apply only to US keyboards and locales.

You obviously learn Latin differently over there too.  I have a degree in
Latin, and have taught Latin, and have never had to use these characters!

Lisi