Re: apt-get upgrade problem with libenchant1c2a

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
David Goodenough wrote:
I have a sacrificial machine that I keep upto date with sid every morning. Yesterday and today I get an error:-

Calculating upgrade... Failed
libenchant1c2a : Depends: aspell-en but it is not going to be installed or
                           myspell-dictionary or
                           aspell-dictionary or
                           ispell-dictionary or
                           hunspell-dictionary
Recommends: enchant but it is not going to be installed E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree    But apt-cache policy libenchant1c2a says:-

  Installed: 1.6.0-10
  Candidate: 1.6.0-10

so it should not need upgrading at all.

Also aspell-en is installed.

Is this related to Ubuntu bug #1096669? There is nothing in bugs.debian.org
that seems to fit the bill.

Any ideas?

I get that with dist-upgrade and not with upgrade. Googling the error it seems that doing upgrade will resolve that. But I haven't tried that!

when I do 'aptitude why' on that file, I get that it is a dependency of k3b, which is part of the upgrade. What happens if you do 'why'?

see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=721130

Hugo