Re: Postmaster and Abuse

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:16:10AM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> It's often considered bad form to put mail aliases such as these in
> /etc/aliases which is traditionally used to manipulate UNIX system
> account mail routing.  It's better to put them in /etc/postfix/virtual.

The docs in the postfix-doc package don't seem to mention this. In
/usr/share/doc/postfix-doc/html/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html it
says: "You
should set up a
postmaster alias in the aliases(5) table that
   directs mail to a human person. The postmaster address is required
   exist, so that people can report mail delivery problems. While
   you're
   updating the aliases(5) table, be sure to direct mail for the
   super-user to a human person too."

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net