Re: Postmaster and Abuse

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 07:00:20PM -0400, Fred White wrote:
> Hello List, I am reading lots of info on postfix/debian but not
> getting my much needed answer and that is where do I set
> "postmaster@mydomain.com and "abuse@mydomain.com" that it can be
> seen they exist.

Not sure what you mean by "that it can be seen they exist." If you're
asking where you configure the addresses so that postfix recognizes
them as valid addresses, the answer is /etc/aliases. Put these lines
in /etc/aliases:

postmaster:    john
abuse:    john

Instead of just saying john, you could specify a full address here
(E.G. postmaster:    john@example.com).
When you edit /etc/aliases, remember to run the newaliases command.
Now, all mail for postmaster@yourdomain, and abuse@yourdomain will go
to john@yourdomain, where john@yourdomain is a valid user on your
system receiving mail. In the case of a virtual domain, you would set
these up as you would any other virtual domain mail address.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net
gpg public key: http://www.gregn..net/pubkey.asc