Re: Wireless works, wired doesn't [Debian 6.0.7]

On 08/26/2013 04:08 PM, Brian wrote:
On Mon 26 Aug 2013 at 15:28:54 +0300, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:

My desktop uses wired networking. While my laptop is capable of utilizing
both wired and wireless interfaces. My modem is a TP-LINK ADSL + wireless
router.
Wired networking stopped working on both the desktop and laptop, while the
wireless networking continues to work on my laptop.
Just like that? It stopped; you had done nothing to the networking setup.

Yesterday morning my network was up and running. I shut the system down for most of the day. When I booted the system again later on that day, I found my wired networking down.
Tried using a different cable. Still no luck.
Is there a way to check if there's anything amiss with my modem?
Considering we know nothing about which software you are using with the
network interfaces, this sounds like a premature route to take.

I'm running the Gnome desktop environment, which uses the NetworkManager to manage the network interfaces.

I did not make any changes to the system whatsoever.

Do let me know if more information is required to help troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.