Re: OT: sudo questions

On Friday 23 August 2013 22:56:22 Doug wrote:
> On 08/23/2013 04:24 PM, Luther Blissett wrote:
> /snip/
>
> > So I did a long search around, since I had absolutely no idea where I
> > was getting into. Back then I used to think that what was getting in the
> > way of free software were usability and shinny.
>
> /snip/
>
> > Funny I never *really* tried other distros, debian became addiction.
> > Something I can never get the time because I'm also felling shorthanded
> > before my debian peers and willing to give something back from all the
> > help I found in this community. Oh, and the shell... what a shinny
> > little thing, full of secrets.
>
> I'm confused. I only know "shinny" as a verb: to shinny up a pole, or a
> tree, etc. To climb, as a kid would. Here he uses it as a noun and an
> adjective, and I have no idea what he meant.

Ever heard of spelling mistakes?  Ever thought of using a dictionary?
Assume "shiny".  That still made no sense to me, so I looked in Wiktionary.
It gives a colloquial meaning for shiny of <quote> excellent, remarkable
</quote>.  Bingo.  Now that wasn't difficult was it.  _And_ I learnt
something.

You may be superhuman and never, ever make mistakes.  Most of us are human and
do make mistakes.

Sorry everyone, I am feeding the troll.  But many varieties of English and
spelling are used on this list.  Luther's was fine.

Lisi